Wednesday, April 4, 2012

6 Easter Tutorials You Won't Want to Miss


What are your Easter plans? Anything fun?
We're going to church, a friends house for a potluck brunch and then some other friends are coming over for Easter dinner that evening. I've never hosted a holiday before, and I have to say, I'm really excited! I'm serving garlic cilantro deviled eggs (recipe coming soon), Honey Baked Ham, homemade Gouda and Cheddar mac n cheese, braised green beans, and Grandma D's famous rolls (I've been sworn to secrecy on the recipe, sorry). I can't wait to celebrate Jesus' resurrection with food and friends in our new home! Here are a few tutorials I've been eyeing this week, wishing i would have thought ahead to make them. As it is I have to shop, cook, clean, make SweetPeas hair bow and finish the vest and bow tie on chunks Eater outfit all by Sunday. Wish me luck, and Happy Easter.

Photobucket
Check out these adorable fabric eggs over at Retro Mama. Easy to make and a great way to use up all your extra scraps. Whip a few of these up for a centerpiece, string them onto some garland, hide them in your kids baskets...the possibilities are endless.

This is pure genius! Maybe I'm behind on this one, but this is the first year I've seen these amazing beautifully dyed eggs. A quick trip to Goodwill should score you a few colorful ties, or alternatively, raid your grandpas' closet.

While you have to admit this is an easy tutorial, it is by no means a quick project. If you have some down time though, this is by far the best Easter wreath that I've come across. I desperately wish this was my idea.

Who doesn't love peeps?! Actually, I hate the way they taste. But, no matter! These bunny peeps will light up your room and bring a smile to every face.

I could spend hours at Moda. The fabrics, the patterns, the quilts. Ah, it's love.

2010_4_1-veg-easter-eggs2.jpg
If you haven't noticed by now, I like to do things that are...hmmm, how should I put it? A little more... granola. I'm a hippie at heart. This is a great way to get beautifully colored eggs without using food coloring. Plus, these are way prettier!

He is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment