Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cornbread

Inventing a good cornbread recipe has been a long road. I think this is the 6th or 7th time I've tried it. Some have been okay...others barely edible. Thankfully Mr. F is always gracious about my cooking experiments and eats it anyways with a sweet, "for gluten free, it's not too bad".

Not the answer I'm looking for.

I always know I hit the jackpot when he says something along the lines of, "are these gluten free?" Now that's what a girl likes to hear!

Here is a quick and simple cornbread recipe to compliment any chili or stew. Definitely not as fluffy as it's whole wheat counterpart, but really, what is?

Ingredients:
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 tsp xanthan gum
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tb sugar
1/4 cup vegan butter, softened (I use Earth Balance)
1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
2 eggs

Combine all of the dry ingredients and mix well

Add softened butter and stir with a fork until moist.
Beat eggs and milk together, add to batter and stir until well incorporated.

Grease muffin tins and add 1/2 cup of batter in each.

Cook at 400* for 21-23 minutes until knife comes out of center clean. Serve with honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment